Fraud and Security
REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACCOUNT ACTIVITY
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SUSPECT FRAUD
If you suspect unauthorized activity on your account, contact us right away with this information at hand:
- your account number(s)
- your debit card number
- amount involved in the fraudulent activity
- the date the activity took place
- pen and paper to write down the case number we give you
IF YOU HAVE DETECTED:
- Lost or stolen checks, debit card or ATM card
- Unauthorized check or debit card activity
- Unauthorized withdrawal from an account
- Unauthorized wire transfer of funds
- Fraudulent activity related to your commercial loan
- Identity theft
IMMEDIATELY REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY:
- Contact Deposit Operations at 512-956-5333 or email them at c[email protected]
- Report a card lost or stolen at 866-546-8273
- Install anti-virus, anti-malware and anti-spyware on your computer system along with firewalls.
- Keep your software patched and up to date.
- Do not click on links or attachments in emails from unknown individuals.
- Never give information via phone or email to someone you do not know.
- If you are suspicious of a caller, hang up and call the company's main number.
- Always confirm payment instructions over the phone with a verified individual.
- Never exchange confidential information via unencrypted email.
- Use all Bank of Austin fraud protection tools: dual control, Positive Pay, ACH Filter, email and text alerts and setting dollar limits.
OTHER USEFUL CONTACTS
- Fraud Center – 24/7 debit card activity monitoring may reach out to you regarding unusual and/or suspicious activity. If we suspect unusual and/or suspicious activity, you will be contacted by one of these communication channels:
- FTC Identity Theft Site
- FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center
- Online Banking Best Practices PDF
Download The Bank of Austin mobile app: